Android Studio for COMP3617
I wrote the below quick tutorial to aid my classmates in setting up Android Studio for COMP3617, Winter/Spring semester 2016. Not all of us want to live in a Windows-based world. These instructions have also been provided to Kris, who posted on D2L.
Please note: I don’t suggest these instructions for anyone not taking the course. Android Studio v2 is a more robust product. You can download Android Studio v2 here. In addition, I do not know if Google patched the IntelliJ IDE security issue in the older v1.5.1.
- Go to: http://tools.android.com/download/studio/builds/1-5-1 Download the Android Studio v 1.5.1 for Mac zip
- After downloaded, the zip will uncompress to Android Studio.app.
Copy the Android Studio.app into your Application folder.
- Run the Android Studio.app from your application folder.
Android Studio will download the latest versions of all the SDK Modules. Make note of the Destination Folder.
- Go to the Standalone SDK Manager. Choose the Android SDK Build-tools Rev 23.0.1, Android SDK Build-tools Rev 23.0.2, Documentation for Android SDK Rev 1, Google APIs 23 Rev 1, the Google APIs Intel x86 Atom System Image or Google APIs Intel x86 Atom 64 System Image.
- Delete the Android SDK Build-tools Rev 23.0.3.
At this point, you should see:
|Android SDK Tools||Rev 24.4.1||Rev 25.1.3||Need to Downgrade|
|Android SDK Platform-tools||Rev 23.1||Rev 23.1.0||Good|
|Android SDK Build-tools Rev||Rev 23.0.2||Rev 23.0.3||Need to Downgrade|
|Android SDK Build-tools Rev||Rev 23.0.1||Rev 23.0.3||Need to Downgrade|
|Android 6.0 (API 23)|
|Documentation for Android SDK||Rev 1||Not Installed||Need to Install|
|SDK Platform||Rev 2||Rev 3|
|Google APIs 23||Rev 1||Not Installed||Need to Install|
|Intel x86 Atom System Image||Rev 12||Not Installed||Need to Install|
- Close the Android Studio app.
- Go to the Destination Folder (you made note of the location in Step 3). There is a subfolder called “tools”, rename it to “tools1” (for back up purposes).
- Download the Android SDK Tools Rev 24.4.1: http://dl-ssl.google.com/android/repository/tools_r24.4.1-macosx.zip
- After downloaded, the zip will uncompress to a “tools” subfolder. Copy the “tools” subfolder into the Destination Folder.
That’s it. You should be good go. And have fun!